Flagger Interview Questions
Flaggers are responsible for controlling the flow of traffic around road construction sites. They erect warning and detour signs, position traffic cones and barricades, and inform the construction crew of any safety hazards.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Flagger or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Flagger position,
these Flagger interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Flagger Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Flagger interview questions.
- How do you deal with motorists that refuse to follow your directions?
- What would you do if you were unable to see clearly due to inclement weather conditions?
- What would you do if a speeding motorist chatting on a cellphone hadn't noticed the detour signs around a road construction site?
- What is the most dangerous aspect of being a flagger?
- What is wrong with setting up a flagging station in the middle of a travel lane?
- Describe what method you use to best monitor traffic flow to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross streets.
- Share an example of how you direct traffic movement or warn of hazards, using signs, flags, lanterns, and hand signals.
- Describe an experience where you had to report unsafe behavior of children to school officials? What was the outcome?
- What is the key to success when communicating with the public.
- What is the most challenging part of stopping speeding vehicles to warn drivers of traffic laws?
- How often do you have to record license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals, and report infractions to appropriate authorities? Is it a big problem?
- What have you found to be the safest way to direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary?
- Share an experience where you had to communicate traffic and crossing rules and other information to students and adults.
- Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.
- Share an example of when you went above and beyond the "call of duty". (Look for answers that show the candidate is dependable.)
- Provide an experience in which you were sensitive to somone's needs or feelings. How did your helpfulness affect your work environment?
- Provide an example when your ethics were tested.
- How do you stay fit in order to perform physical activities that are required in the workplace?
- Tell me about a time when you developed your own way of doing things or were self-motivated to finish an important task.
- How do you balance cooperation with others and independent thinking? Share an example. (Try to determine if the candidate has a cooperative attitude or is otherwise good-natured.)
- Please share an experience in which you presented to a group. What was the situation and how did it go?
- Name a time when your patience was tested. How did you keep your emotions in check?
- Provide an example of a time when you were able to demonstrate excellent listening skills. What was the situation and outcome?
- Provide an example when you were able to prevent a problem because you foresaw the reaction of another person.
- Provide an example of when you were persistent in the face of obstacles.
- Share an experience in which you successfully coordinated with others. How about a coordination effort that was not as successful?
- Name a time when you identified strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems. What was the impact?
- Tell me how you organize, plan, and prioritize your work.
- Tell me about the last time you monitored or reviewed information and detected a problem. How did you respond?
- Provide a time when you dealt calmly and effectively with a high-stress situation.
- What makes you unique?
Flagger Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Flagger interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?