Flight Attendant Interview Questions
A Flight Attendant is responsible for attending to the safety and comfort needs of passengers aboard a flight. They perform a range of tasks including demonstrating emergency procedures, directing passengers, and performing safety checks.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Flight Attendant or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Flight Attendant position,
these Flight Attendant interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Flight Attendant Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Flight Attendant interview questions.
- Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
- What do you know about the role of a flight attendant?
- What field experience do you have for this role?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
- What special skills or capabilities do you bring to the job as a flight attendant?
- Can you provide a few examples of what you consider to be good characteristics of a flight attendant?
- How would you handle a scared passenger who has started panicking?
- What are the first things you would do in an emergency situation in the air?
- How would you respond to a customer who was refusing to follow rules and regulations on a flight? (Like unbuckling the seat belt during takeoff)
- How would you respond if a co-worker violates a safety regulation?
- What would you do if a child passenger was traveling alone?
- What does excellent customer service mean to you?
- What are your customer service strengths?
- If two passengers are arguing and disturbing the flight, how do you respond?
- If two passengers were having a dispute over one seat, what would be your method for resolving the issue?
- What are the procedures for assisting a disabled person onboard?
- Talk about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?
- Talk about a disagreement you’ve had with a coworker. How did you resolve the situation?
- What do you imagine is a typical day for a cabin crew member?
- Talk about a time you had to juggle multiple high-priority tasks. How did you handle it?
- Have you flown as a passenger before? How did you feel about the service delivered by the cabin crew on that flight?
- What was your favorite flight experience?
- Why do you want to work for our airline?
- What do you think makes our airline different from its competitors?
- Do you feel comfortable in new environments and situations?
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team?
- Assuming we're passengers seated on a flight, demonstrate emergency procedures for us.
- How did you feel about the cabin crew and their work?
- What do you consider to be the most challenging aspect of being a flight attendant?
- Why do you think you will be a good flight attendant?
- How would you react if there was a passenger on the flight who claimed to be extremely sick and demanded an emergency landing?
- How would you respond if you were asked to fill in for another attendant who had become ill after a busy week when you were looking forward to some time off?
- How would you handle a passenger complaining about sitting next to a passenger of another race?
- Imagine you see a passenger being deliberately rude to another flight attendant. How would you deal with this situation?
- If you are mid-flight and a pilot asks you to do something you are not authorized to do, how would you respond?
- What would you do if a passenger was extremely upset and angry?
- How many languages do you speak on an intermediate level, or better? Name them.
- How would you handle a passenger you cannot understand because of a clear language barrier?
- Talk about a time where you had to give people directions. Explain your process.
- How would you deal with a passenger who has anxiety on a plane due to turbulence?
- What do you think are the main duties of the flight attendants on short-distance and long-distance flights?
Flight Attendant Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Flight Attendant interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?