Hair Stylist Interview Questions
Hair Stylist interview questions for both hiring managers and candidates.
A Hair Stylist designs or maintains hairstyles. They shampoo, cut, dye and style hair. They also apply chemicals to change the texture of hair, such as permanents or straightening solutions. Stylists also teach clients about the best ways to care for their hair.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Hair Stylist or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Hair Stylist position,
these Hair Stylist interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Hair Stylist Job Interview Questions
- How would you build a personal relationship with a client?
- How would you consult a client on adopting a new hairstyle?
- On what basis do you recommend hairstyles to your customers?
- As a hairstylist, what do you offer that can ensure more business
- A client has frizzy or damaged hair. What would you recommend?
- Has a client ever been dissatisfied with your work? How did you respond to the criticism?
- What kind of hair treatments are you familiar with?
- How do you keep updated on the latest hair trends?
- Which hair type do you enjoy working with?
- Are there any customers you dislike working with?
- What hairstyles are you most comfortable working on?
- Have you ever called off work when you really could have gone?
- When did you realize you wanted to be a hairstylist?
- Do you enjoy socializing with customers?
- When do you not like to socialize with customers?
- Why do you want the job at the salon?
- Share an effective method you have used to keep workstations and tools clean.
- Do you have a degree? Any cosmetology certificates of achievement?
- How would you define excellent customer service?
- What would you do if a customer complained about your work?
- In your opinion, what are the current trends in hair styling?
- Describe your experience of bleaching, dyeing, and tinting hair.
- Describe your experience styling hair.
- What factors do you consider when cutting, trimming and shaping hair or hairpieces? Share an experience.
- Provide an experience in which you analyzed a patron's hair and physical features and made an effective recommendation for beauty treatment or hairstyle.
- Share an experience in which you effectively shaped eyebrows and/or removed facial hair.
- Describe your experience massaging and treating scalps for hygienic and/or remedial purposes.
- What do you think is the most critical part of a hairdresser’s work? Why?
- What are some of the essential non-styling duties of a hairdresser?
- Which skill or skills have made you successful in your position as a hairdresser?
- How do you keep up with the work considering one has to be on one’s toes all the time?
- What is your most significant achievement in the role of a hairdresser?
- What treatment would you recommend if a client came in with hair damaged due to excessive dyeing?
- What is the toughest thing about working as a hairdresser?
- How do you build relationships with your clients?
- If a client asks you to give you a hairstyle or cut that you know wouldn’t suit them, how would you react?
- How do you market your salon’s services?
- Apart from hair care services, what else do you offer?