Insurance Advisor Interview Questions
An Insurance Advisor, also referred to as a Financial Advisor, provides financial advice to clients on retirement planning, investing, and protecting against risks. Insurance Advisors complete a financial needs analysis with clients, which includes assets and liabilities, tax status, existing insurance and risk analysis.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Insurance Advisor or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Insurance Advisor position,
these Insurance Advisor interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Insurance Advisor Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Insurance Advisor interview questions.
- What qualities do you have that make you a great insurance agent?
- How would you differentiate yourself from your competitors?
- Are you able to handle rejection?
- What was your most successful sale?
- What kind of strategy would you devise to gain clients' attention?
- Why would you consider yourself the best candidate for the position of insurance advisor?
- How do you determine which products are most suited to your clients?
- Can you sell me an insurance product that most clients require?
- How do you plan to build the client base in our company?
- How would you maintain CRM with your clients?
- Potential insurance buyers often refuse to purchase what an insurance agent is selling the first time around. How you might persuade them otherwise?
- Many clients call or meet with us to get clarification on specific aspects of our policies. How would you help them understand these things?
- You may have to bargain with some buyers. How would you deal with unprofitable negotiation terms?
- What would you do if you were about to make a sale, but the potential customer asked an insurance question that you didn't have the answer for?
- Depending on the kinds of projects you'll be doing for us, we may need you to handle some self-promotion and advertising. What techniques would you use?
- You'll have to learn to ask the right questions when it comes to finding out the needs of clients. How can you do this?
- What is your process for qualifying a lead before approaching them with a pitch about your insurance offerings?
- It is important for insurance agents to know how they compare to competitors. How do you stay aware of the plans and specials that other insurance companies currently offer?
- Are you comfortable cold calling unqualified sales leads?
- How do you discuss complex risk management concepts and topics with the average buyer?
- What methods do you use to track insurance claims and communicate with your clients about their progress?
- How do you maintain a strong relationship with all of your current clients to encourage policy renewals and prevent customer attrition?
- What digital marketing methods would you use to educate potential customers about our insurance offerings?
- Have you ever turned away a potential customer, and if so, why?
- What timeline do you use to follow up when customers request additional information about an insurance plan?
- What are some of your qualities that make you a good insurance agent?
- The insurance business is highly competitive. How do you differentiate yourself from other agents?
- As you are aware, you have to make a high number of presentations in order to close a sale. How well do you handle rejection, and do you let it impact your business?
- Can you describe your most successful sale of an insurance policy?
- What other kinds of strategy do you use to gain clients’ attention?
- Many people who shop for insurance often don’t purchase what an insurance agent is selling the first time around. How might you persuade them not to shop elsewhere and accept what you are selling?
- Many clients meet with us to get clarification on specific aspects of their policies. How do you help them understand the more complex points of an insurance policy?
- You have made it clear that you emphasize value in service when pitching a policy to a client. However, sometimes you may have to bargain with some buyers. How do you negotiate the price or terms of an insurance policy?
- What techniques do you use for self promotion and advertising?
- A key selling technique is asking the right questions to discover the needs of clients. How do you do this?
- Would you be comfortable visiting people at their homes and discussing insurance policies?
- Who are the parties involved in a life insurance contract?
- What criteria do you use to determine whether or not you should accept an applicant?
- What does a deductible do?
- In your opinion, what traits make a good insurance agent?
- Do you possess those traits?
Insurance Advisor Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Insurance Advisor interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?