Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Accounting Vacancy at WACOT Limited Ikeja, Lagos
Accounting Vacancy at WACOT Limited Ikeja, Lagos
Feb 14, 2019, 9:54 PM
WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group. Our business includes but are not limited to rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and other agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trade in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We currently support the production of soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. WACOT has several MOU's in place to aid its contribution to the fastest growing Nigerian sector- agriculture. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Senior Accountant Location: Ikeja, Lagos Job Type: Full-time Reporting Line: Financial Controller The Job The Senior Accountant will take charge of:
- Supervising the daily accounting activities required to accurately maintain the company’s general ledger and other financial records and schedules.
- Generating quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
- Cost accounting including BOM analysis, management and variance analysis.
- Assisting in with budget and forecast preparation schedule provide relevant analyses and feedback to enable finalization of the budget and forecast proposals and all related reports including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Evaluating & implementing internal and external audit recommendations & provides feedback to management on results.
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, bank and inventory reconciliation.
- Supervising, directing and reviewing the work of team members. Establishing working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Coordinating with outside locations.
- Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline with a minimum of second class upper
- Hands on experience using ERP preferably SAP, Advanced Excel user
- Previous experience in a Multinational Manufacturing Organisation is desired
- Data Analysis
- Effective Communication:
- Business acumen
- Tech savvy
- Supervision and management.
- Relationship building
- Creativity and initiative
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts