Administration Officer at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer
Job Identification: 3545
Employment Type: Full Time
Team / Programme: HR/Administration
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Length: Open ended
Reports to: Administration Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Office Assistants
Role Dimensions: Preparing reports, relationships, regular interface with staff and vendors.
- Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
Scope of Role
- Report writing, booking of accommodation and flight tickets, event coordination, facility management and vendor management.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure that all spaces are in good condition, cleaned and that the basic security standards put in place by SCI for its premises are abided by.
- Ensure that the offices and guest house are well maintained (ambience, aesthetics, branding and outlook) when repair is needed, initiate the repair requests, once the service provider is chosen, manage the whole process up to the final payment of the invoice.
- Support availability and suitability of options for new premises (i.e office and homes for international staff), initiate the request, when the choice is done, ensure all required approval in compliance with SCI policy are in files, drafting the contract using the approved template. Once the contract is signed by both parties, managing the relations with the landlord.
- Liaise with relevant Admin staff to facilitate compliance with Government of Nigeria Immigration requirements for SCI/Nigeria International staff and families.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment rented by SCI are used in compliance with the agreement between the owner and SCI, in compliance with security and safety standards.
- Ensure offices, guesthouse and residences have all minimum required material for emergencies such as emergency signs indicators, maintained extinguishers, smoke detectors, alerts, etc.
- Managing relations with utility agencies providing electricity, water, air-conditioning maintenance services. Assessing the quality of services and sharing analysis with the Administration Manager.
- Ensure that all related bills are paid on time and that all related contracts are renewed on time.
- Ensure that the offices and guest house are well maintained. When repair is needed, initiate the repair requests, once the service provider is chosen, manage the whole process up to the final payment of the invoice.
Event Management (Trainings/ Workshops/ Corporate Events):
- Ensure that meetings, workshops, and conferences are effectively managed.
- Work closely with requesting departments and external contacts (service providers) to coordinate events.
- Oversee the management for all travel, business visas and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official assignment. Ensure that all travels are on schedule and cost effective.
- Support with consular services (processing of visa(s), visa on arrival (VOA), STR, CERPAC, Introduction letters, Invitation letters etc.).
- Support with coordination of all logistics arrangements (airport transfers, hotel reservations, for all SCI local/international staff and partners.
- Support with the coordination and procurement of local tickets for SCI Staff and partners.
- Manage framework agreements of ALL service contractors after prequalification.
- Manage contractual agreement of all offices (state and field offices) in SCI’s network.
Third party/Vendors Payments:
- Ensure prompt processing/submission of all third-party vendor payment to the Finance repository for processing and manage the process for swift payment. (Travel agencies, hotels, facility management, janitorial and all ancillary services etc.)
- Filing systems: Develop and maintain efficient filing and archiving systems in Windows and Outlook, including address lists, and hard copy filing.
- Ensure that the office facility & crèche are set up in compliance with SCI Safeguarding policy.
- Ensure that the vendors we engage and work with are fully aware of and maintain SCI Safeguarding policy standards by not employing minors (below 18 years) in their services.
- Ensure that SCI safeguarding visibility materials (awareness posters) are placed at strategic points around the facility.
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to, or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, to assist the Support Services department by providing cover when other administrative staff are absent, on leave or as a result of an increased level of Country Office activities. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to programme teams based in Abuja as delegated by the line manager.
- Support other functional areas of Admin/HR in-country office and field offices.
- Assist in data gathering and Analysis.
- Manage costs and expenses posted to Admin’s petty cash purse.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- Internal: Administrative/HR Team, Cleaners, Office Assistants, and regular liaison with the country management teams in Abuja and Field offices
- External: Contact with maintenance vendors and Government Agencies
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or HND in Administration / Finance / Social Sciences
- Member of a professional body is an advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of (5) five years’ relevant administrative experience, preferably with an international organization.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Must have proven experience in facility management.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact.
- Experience using analytical tools for data management is essential to this role.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Excel skills will be prioritized.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Behaviours (Our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd October, 2023 (04:37 PM).