APM Terminals Vacancy for a Key Accounts Manager
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across
more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in
port operations and container management services.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Accounts Manager
- Act as the focal client contact, identify clients’ business
strategies and objectives, logistics and transportation needs and buying
criteria to develop and articulate value-based solutions to address
their needs and wants.
- Develop deep and senior relationships with assigned clients and
take every opportunity to probe for business opportunities. Utilise the
senior-client contact relationship to open doors and support the
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide first-class service to further increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Track and analyse market development.
- Study and leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies.
- Communicate closely and proactively with management, provide
strong support to all development initiatives, policies, processes and
- Position APM Terminals as the preferred terminal with clients.
- Qualify customer opportunities using:
- Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking APM Terminals differentiators to customer’s pains/needs
- Actively use APM Terminals CRM tool
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing APM Terminals to maximize its yield potential
- Negotiate commercial terms within delegated mandate
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant as necessary
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor/Master's degree holder from a reputable organisation.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Highly analytical with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant sales experience with 3 years’ proven track record in major client management ( Business to Business)
- Relevant experience in Maritime/transportation/Logistics Industry
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational
systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a
professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
29th December, 2015.