Finance and Operations Manager at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Northwest, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Operations Manager an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano, and Jigawa and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
The Programme will:
- Improve/build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalized children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions.
- This position will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for providing constant reporting to senior management on financial and budget targets.
- He/She will also be responsible to oversee the Project’s overall finance and operations of the three states including smooth implementation of day-to-day finance and operation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project pipeline reports and analyze budget patterns and project expenditures.
- Analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of determining financial performance and projecting financial probability.
- Administer the expenditure of funds, ensuring that funds are expended according to sponsoring organization’s stipulations and appropriate guidelines.
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of monthly payroll and pension remittances.
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls and audit trails are maintained throughout all transactions.
- Provide support to the field offices in monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets and financials.
- Oversee the process and ensure FHI 360 procurement policies are implemented as per the allocated financial thresholds.
- Ensure all procurement documents are submitted on a regular basis to the Finance Officer to prepare the payments.
- In collaboration with IT department, ensuring that all Project assets are targeted and entered in an asset database.
- Supporting the Field Coordinators to facilitate an asset verification exercise every quarter and update the asset list.
- Liaise with the FHI 360 Country Office to ensure consistent and clear communications on operational activities, IT, recruitment/HR actions and employee relations under the guidance of the Project Director.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all operations and procurement staff through supervision and by clearly identifying key roles and responsibilities, setting individual target objectives, giving constructive performance feedback, and ensuring the right tools, training, and resources are in place for success.
- Interact regularly with project leadership to provide updates on the organization’s finance and operations status and resolve any problems or issues associated with finance and operations.
- Work with operation as well as technical staff to ensure the correct procedures are followed in the purchase of goods and services and that actions are conducted in a highly efficient manner by promoting proper planning well in advance of upcoming activities.
- Ensuring all Finance and Procurement procedures are in line with FHI 360 rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field is required.
- Eight or more years of relevant experience in a programmatic environment.
- Familiarity with FCDO grants or other client-funded programs, contracting and auditing standards.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role with experience in office management and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi-funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications.
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Ability to travel.
N.B: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply