HSE Officer at Lekki Freeport Terminal
Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport.It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: HSE Manager
- To support the implementation of the HSE management system within Lekki Freeport Terminal
- To assist various functions in maintaining high HSE standards in all work activities
- To regularly monitor the compliance to HSE standards and procedures in the container Terminal
- To create HSE awareness and training for new and existing personnel
- To facilitate Safety Committee meetings and ensure meeting minutes are circulated
- To compile daily/weekly/monthly reports to relevant departments for reference and decision making.
- Periodically organise and implement safety drills to test emergency preparedness
- To record and maintain a database of all HSE-related observations and recommend corrective actions
- To facilitate the processes involved in incident reporting and investigation
- Assist the HSE manager in implementing HSE risk management procedures
- To provide clerical support to manager for smooth functioning of department activities.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Must have a Tertiary qualification in Sciences or other related fields
Experience & Knowledge:
- At least three years of experience in HSE practice in an industrial setting
- Experience in container terminal operations will be an advantage
- HSE Qualifications such as HSE levels 1, 2 & 3
- Good public speaking skills
- Must hold a valid Driver's license with driving experience
- Ability to prepare relevant technical reports, bulletins, and newsletters
- Possesses efficient communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the right work attitude
- In-depth knowledge of HSE legislation and procedures
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and analytical skills
- Accountability: Take full ownership and show an excellent example with regards to HSE
- Hazard Identification: Ability to identify potential hazards in operational process and within the facility
- Training: To develop and deliver effective HSE training programs
- Computer skills: Excellent use of computer applications to provide technical reports and analysis
- Integrity: Adhering to a code of standards or values.
- Incident investigation: Conduct a practical analysis of incidents and implement corrective actions
- Effective Communication: Clear communication of safety issues to all levels of employees & contractors
- Indoor / Outdoor: Indoor & Outdoor
- Onshore/Offshore: Onshore
- Heights: Yes
- Hours of Work: General Shift
- On-Call: Yes
- Contact after Hours: Yes
Does the job involve travel?
- Local - Lagos: Limited
- National - Nigeria: Limited
- International: Rare.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply