International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Vacancy for a Field Assistant
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an
international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D)
organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees,
member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the
development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally
recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally
recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Assistant/Driver
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in driving project vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
- Assist with day to day maintenance of ACAI Project vehicle;
- Assist in general field work;
- Assist in collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items to project collaborators;
- Assist in ensuring project vehicle complies with the minimum
operating security standards (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle
documents all the time;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- National Diploma/National
- Certificate in Education in General Agriculture or related field with 2 years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good Communication skill;
- Ability to speak more than one Nigeria language.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive
benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed
curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word
format. The application must include the names and e-mail
addresses of three professional referees which must include either
the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or
applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of
current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
19th August, 2016.