International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Vacancy for a Heavy Equipment Foreman
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality
and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and generate
wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in
1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the
following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and
maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research
partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Foreman, Heavy Equipment
Ref No: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-042
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the heavy equipment superintendent by coordinating and receiving work assigned for maintenance services
- Keep down time very low by constant inspection of equipment,
diagnose and repair of mechanical defects/failures in various
heavy/earth moving equipment including diesel and petrol powered trucks
and other mechanical equipment used in utility work;
- Assist in spot checking equipment for optimum performance and
make necessary repairs to equipment prior to use and ensure adequate
availability of these equipment;
- Assist in keeping complete records for equipment and spare part in stock for repairing purposes;
- Monitor activities of subordinate staff in the section;
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance and safety
inspection for equipment and trucks with the assistance of Heavy
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering with at least Three (3) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must;
How to Apply
- Be experienced in repairs/overhauling and maintenance of all
kinds of earth moving equipment, heavy duty trucks, generators and
- Have good team working and communication skills
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering
letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience
relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum
vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must
include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous
organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her
present or former place of work).
Click here to apply
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
12th October, 2016.