Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Latest Recruitment at the Development Bank of Nigeria
Latest Recruitment at the Development Bank of Nigeria
Jun 18, 2019, 11:26 PM
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Corporate Communications & Branding Officer Location: Federal Capital Territory, Abuja Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head, Corporate Services, the Corporate Communications & Branding Officer is responsible for:
- Managing internal and external communications of the Bank, including advertising, branding, social media management, public relations and image management.
- Developing and implementing brand management plans and ensuring compliance across the Bank.
- Defining clear corporate communications and advertising strategies and programs to achieve brand objectives.
- Providing oversight for corporate social responsibility strategy and programs.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in Corporate Communications, Branding, Public Relations and Media Management; with first Degree in Communications or related discipline.
- Establishing sustainability strategies, programs and procedures to position the Bank as a leader on sustainability.
- Providing direction for the Bank’s institutionalization of the Sustainable Banking Principles as defined by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Communicating with stakeholders on environmental concerns and associated risks.
- Ensuring compliance with local and global environmental regulations, while also ensuring the Bank functions in a financially viable and socially responsible manner.
- Writing reports and other public communications to promote DBN’s sustainability initiatives.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 10 years' experience of which at least 5 years must have been in a sustainability officer role.
- First Degree in Economics, Social or Environmental Sciences is required. Relevant professional certification will be an advantage.
- Drafting and review of legal documents.
- Providing support in the management of relationship with external solicitors.
- Supporting the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser in the coordination of Board meetings, AGMs, EGMs and other meetings managed by the Company Secretariat & Legal function.
- Writing of meeting minutes as assigned by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser.
- Management of records and documentation.
- Assisting in issues resolution.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources across the Bank and externally and maintaining relevant databases.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Transforming data into information, information into insight to aid business decisions.
- The ideal candidate should a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- First degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is required.
- Developing sector/segment-specific products that would enhance uptake of DBN loans, e.g., Agric sector, manufacturing, start-ups, etc.
- Building/deepening strategic alliances with organizations such as SMEDAN, NASME, Nigerian Chamber of Commerce increase MSME reach through access to finance and capacity building.
- To qualify, candidates should have minimum of 11 years’ experience in Product Development and Management, Business Development, Relationship Management and a deep understanding of Risk Management; with first degree in Economics, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Administration or social sciences.
- ISO Integrated Management Systems Audit - Quarterly ISO internal audit and ISO regulatory annual internal audit of the bank.
- IDA Quarterly audits – Quarterly internal audit of the World Bank Technical Assistance project.
- Audit of other departments in the Bank.
- Continuous monitoring and follow-up required to ensure and facilitate improvements and compliance to regulations and the Bank's processes.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years solid audit experience with a flair for Information Technology and actual experience in auditing Information Technology function.
- First degree in Accounting or related discipline is required. Professional certification will be an advantage.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts