Learning & Development Lead at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning & Development Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- Support the overall organizational learning and development strategy in line with key business imperatives.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a clearly defined learning strategy in line with annual corporate goals.
- Create learning and development experiences and solutions for employees adopting best practice instructional design methodology – ADDDIE.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Contribute to the capacity development of employees in the organization in line with corporate strategy and within available resources provided by the organization.
- Ensure that strategies defined and implemented for accomplishment of the department’s objectives relating to day-to-day monitoring of controls in the Business Units.
- Develop and manage the entire learning budget for the organization to ensure that the best quality intervention is provided within the approved budget.
- Conduct organization-wide skills assessment working with the L&D team to identify skills gaps and training needs across the business.
- Work with HODs, Business Managers to determine competency requirements of their teams and design programs to address these requirements.
- Identify and onboard top quality learning providers within and outside the country in line with approved vendor enlisting process.
- Be available as coach and mentor for the L&D team and other members of the wider HR team.
- Create, Update and review training policies of all classes of employees based on changing business realities and ongoing feedback from training participants.
- Identify opportunities within the business for quality leadership development programs to support the pool of leaders in achieving business goals.
- Effective management and administration of the Learning Management System to drive organizational learning across the business.
- First Degree (B.Sc or H.N.D) Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- 6 - 8 years working experience with a minimum of 5 years managerial or supervisory experience in a reputable company.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated
- Results - oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Passion for customer service
- Operate well under stress, flexible and focuses on delivering results;
- Integrity and principles-based work ethics
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to move at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Skills & Competencies:
- Curriculum Planning, Design & Development
- Learning Technology
- Training Needs Assessment and Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Tech Savvy.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Leadership/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Strong Stakeholder Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply