Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Logistics Officer Job Vacancy in a Foods/Beverage Company based in Jos
Logistics Officer Job Vacancy in a Foods/Beverage Company based in Jos
Sep 25, 2019, 7:21 PM
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Logistics Officer Location: Jos, Plateau Industry: FMCG/Foods/Beverage Job Summary
- The candidate will plan, supervise, and coordinate the transportation operations within the organization to achieve effective distribution of products
- The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of distribution channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- Supervising activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles (Cold-room vans & trucks)
- Preparing schedule of available trucks to be utilized for operations and ensuring truck availability for loading.
- Monitor truck's turn around and give possible feedback on siding or offsite repairs or any other road traffic incidents.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip on trucks with respective drivers in conjunction with the technical department and analyze data.
- Identifying trends and deriving insight for proactive actions.
- Liaising with technical unit to ensure vehicles are maintained and repaired in line with maintenance and repair schedules
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Issuance, collection and processing of Total Fuel Cards
- Collation and processing of driver allowances/road expenses and advising the Finance department on appropriate payment.
- Monitor operations to ensure that drivers comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, vehicles documents/emblems and government regulations.
- Liaising with store and sales & marketing department on the production/loading schedule and requests. Ensuring all stakeholders in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinating field activities and extracting operations data for management information and business decision making.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services. Monitoring transport costs
- Track and analyze fleet temperature logs, fuel consumption using the fleet management system and physical verification
- Administration & setting up of KPIs on telematics platform
- Interpreting operational activities using the ERP.
- Managing all driver-related activities, performances and escalating recommendations to the head of department.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve drivers complaints.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with internal Audit department to determine causes of transportation incidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- And any other task assigned.
- Proven experience as Logistics Coordinator
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of Telematics Platforms
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- B.Sc/B.A in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or relevant field
- Inventory(Diesel) management experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in logistics management a must.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts