Security Investigator - WCA at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Investigator - WCA
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Seniority Level: Management
Sub Function: Risk & Security
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The purpose of the Security Investigations Officer’s role is to support the Security Investigations and Compliance Managers in the provision of mandated assessments and investigations that are related to BATWCA employee misconduct which directly and/or indirectly impacts upon BATWCA’s interests, its assets, and its employees to uphold and enhance corporate governance and ethics.
- Investigations must be conducted in accordance with the BAT Group Security Investigation Standard, investigation principles and the Group Security Investigations Manual.
What You Will be Accountable For
- Conduct mandated assessments and investigations in a professional and ethical manner where and when a BAT WCA employee breaches the Standards of Business Conduct (SoBC) and/or commits fraudulent or otherwise criminal activities.
- Communicate the assessment or investigation progress and facts to the Security Investigations Manager and request permission for any deviations to the mandated Investigation Approach.
- Maintain the BAT Group Security Investigation Principles of Confidentiality, Independence, Impartiality, Objectivity, Professionalism, Non-Retaliation, and Timeliness.
- Collate all relevant evidence and present it to the Security Investigations Manager in the prescribed format according to the Group Security Investigations Standard.
- Document and maintain records of investigations.
- Conduct relevant administration activities for the Investigations Team according to prescribed procedures to ensure availability of records for audit purposes.
- Provide subject matter input for Investigator Training and SoBC/fraud awareness programmes.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years investigations experience within the corporate or private security sector.
- Providing factual evidence and testimony during disciplinary and criminal proceedings.
- Displaying objectivity and balance in judgement while investigating any reported case and proffering adequate recommendations.
- Working with law, government and security agencies.
- General knowledge of the BAT corporate Standards of Business Conduct.
- Problem-solving and root cause analysis.
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Working knowledge of information management systems and processes.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply