Senior Program Manager at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Job ID: 2023-5712
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Senior Program Manager will work with the project director and other project staff to provide strategic engagement with government of Nigeria agencies, contribute significantly to coordination, tracking of implementation, responsible for overall project reporting, technical project management, and accountability, including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity for EGHS projects.
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance donor and organizational regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting in overall program management.
- The Senior Program manager will ensure quality assessment and quality TA provision is achieved using quality improvement tools tacking system.
- The Senior program manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a quality collaborative approach and ensure effective program documentation.
- Supports in providing program management and technical oversight, ensuring implementation aligns with donor and GoN priority areas and are effectively and efficiently implemented.
- Provides management support to enhance project performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and stakeholders management within established policies and principles of Jhpiego, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Contribute to program focused activity implementation, facilitate training, mentoring and coaching as required
- Provide technical inputs to Global health security priorities across Surveillance, IHR, One health, risk communication and other areas
- Adoption of quality improvement strategies to reinforce quality across program areas – Routinely measure quality improvement of the program areas in collaboration with program staff using standard templates
- Remain informed on the current programs in Global health security fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Ensure that Jhpiego and EGHS projects delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services) - Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to improve program efficiencies
- Comply with Jhpiego and JHU operational policies and regulations.
- Coordinate project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope achieved in quality
- Coordinate GoN stakeholder’s engagement between PR, SRs and other partners for effective collaborations, engagement and inclusion
- Support project budget monitoring to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and support teams in compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Oversees workplan monitoring systems development and implementation with documented tracking
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely, accurate and top quality programmatic reports routinely and other contractual deliverables to Project director and donors as required;
- Guide and support in the establishing of sound management system to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to scientific writing for development of manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary
- Facilitate knowledge management coordination, development and resource retention for the project, including lead communication external and internal
- Other duties, as assigned
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; Masters-level Degree preferred.
- Program management and Quality Improvement certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with CDC programs and strong familiarity working with Government of Nigeria (NACA, NCDC, FMOH) and others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- References will be required.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- 9+ years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in Global health security and public health program implementation
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
N892,312.50 - N1,455,947.92 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply