UNICEF recruitment for a Graduate Human Resources Officer in Abuja
Jan 10, 2018, 7:13 PM
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA - Human Resources Officer, NO-A
Job Number: 510044
Duration: 6 Months
Work Type: Temporary Appointment, Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the HR Manager, the incumbent will support the management of all human resource activities in Nigeria country office in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination and administration of international and local conditions of service, terms of employment, benefits and allowances in accordance with UNIUNICEF regulations and rules.
- Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest caliber.
- Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations.
- Provide orientation briefing to newly arrived staff Promote a rational and attainable career management system to meet the office's current and future needs.
- Monitor potential staff - management issues; provide advice to managers/supervisors on appropriate approach to be used in sound performance management and in counselling staff.
- Serve as technical resource and provide administrative support to staff- management bodies such as SAP, APC, JCP, and JCC.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office. Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management.
- Develop and implement plans, including timetables, for contract reviews, renewals and terminations; ensures timely notice to staff.
- Implement and administer the fair, equitable and systematic GS classification in compliance with the established standards and procedures as well as the classification principle of equal pay for work of equal value by ensuring all job descriptions are current and duly classified.
- Make recommendations on the organizational structure of the office and effective utilization of human resources (HR).
- Advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures and provide counselling as required.
- Coordinate with relevant Government ministries and other appropriate local institutions to ensure the processing of international staff conditions of service, entitlements and privileges in country.
- Support the office's administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures.
- Enhance staff's job performance by supporting the identification of training needs, preparation of training proposals and arranging for implementation and evaluation of training. Provide HR training and support as required in country, including at sub-office locations.
- University degree in Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines (Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Psychology, etc). Additional professional training an advantage.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience and field work experience.
- Experience in hiring and recruitment process will be an advantage
- Background/familiarity with emergency.
- Fluency in English.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working with People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Relating and Networking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th January, 2018.