Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Entrepreneurship > Vacant Job For Financial Controller at Skoll Foundation, 27th May, 2019
Vacant Job For Financial Controller at Skoll Foundation, 27th May, 2019
May 27, 2019, 10:44 AM
Skoll Foundation - We are now one of the leading foundations in the field of social entrepreneurship. Over the past 10 years, we have awarded more than $250 million, including investments in 85 remarkable social entrepreneurs and 70 organizations on five continents around the world who are creating a brighter future for underserved communities. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Financial Controller Location: Lagos Responsibilities
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, tracking of costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice where necessary.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Oversee the production of financial and managerial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues.
- Supervises all country office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- Oversee the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Manage finance functions and oversee the finance operations
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial/grant reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Create, implement and maintain appropriate systems for internal users
- In-depth knowledge of the financial analysis, planning and reporting
- Knowledgeable in preparing financial reports for development partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to give, prepare and present oral presentations
- Technical accounting skills
- Exposure to and oversight of implementing controls in high volume cash transactions
- Experience with coordinating audit activities and managing budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team with the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Experience in tax preparation according to Nigerian laws.Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of finance experience
- Master’s degree, in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in Accounting such as CPA
- Demonstrated experience in budgetary and control oversight and the creation of internal control processes
- Experience in managing highly decentralized branch operations and organization with large inventory spread out across regional warehouses.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts