WASH Program Managers at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Program Manager
Locations: Dutse - Jigawa, Kano and Sokoto
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes - WASH
Experience Level: Manager/Supervisor
Reporting To: Field Manager
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of WASH Program Manager who will ensure technical implementation of Action Against Hunger- Cholera Response Nigeria, adoption and adherence to CATI approach in the implementation of the Project Nigeria, To develop Action Against Hunger understanding of Cholera issues in Nigeria (intervention States) and supervise WASH program staff at field bases.
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for cholera sensitization, hygiene promotion and training.
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Routine follow up with project team to ensure all CATI forms are duly completed and synchronize on Mwater platform.
- Conduct routine data quality checks on all data submitted/synchronized to ensure conformity with the project demands.
- Analyze and report on the evolving cholera response needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions.
- Follow up of WASH program budgets in liaison with the Admin coordinator and program managers, to ensure budget expenditure is in line with program objectives and timeline.
- Collaborate and communicate with Technical and Support Head of Departments, Program Managers, CD, and any other Action Against Hunger resource people in order to ensure the coherence of activities and reports in terms of Action Against Hunger WASH strategy.
- Participate in coordination meeting and cholera working group held at LGA and state levels.
- Oversee the work of WASH program staff in order to ensure good compliance of activities within the objectives of the mission and of proposals - this includes regular visits to the field sites in order to evaluate achievements, to discuss the constraints encountered, the possible solutions and to make recommendations for current and future programs.
- Master’s Degree and Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Public Health (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience, in a WASH Emergency management/supervisory capacity.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within states, LGAs and remote areas, where services are limited.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 4th November, 2021.