Wealth Manager at Carbon
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, and with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wealth Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Wealth Manager will be responsible for sourcing funds placements locally and growing the company’s investment product, in addition to overseeing the debt management, and investment management functions of Carbon and its affiliated entities and ensuring the maintenance of corporate liquidity and financial stability.
- Manage and grow the company’s investment product
- Manage relationships with potential and existing customers.
- Monitor market rates to ensure best in market placement offerings to potential and existing customers
- Manage investment placements including repayments, financial performance, social performance, and compliance.
- Support implementation of cash management operational strategies.
- Support implementation of hedge programs and strategies to mitigate foreign exchange risk
- Support M&A activity related to treasury functions, including financial modeling, due diligence, and treasury integration.
- Assist with reporting for the board and regulators
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Manage financial risk as it relates to treasury operations
- Manage corporate liquidity and financial stability
- Analyze and recommend potential alternative financing structures and their impact on the balance sheet, tax effects, and financial ratios.
Key Accountability Areas & Time Allocation:
- Deposit Mobilization - 70%
- Financial Analysis - 15%
- Funds Management & Budgeting - 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- 4+ years of work experience in Investment Management, Finance, or related role
- Ability to network extensively and manage relationships effectively.
- Excellent communication skills
- Tech-savvy. Proficient in Office software and adept at learning using technology platforms.
- Technical experience with fundraising from HNIs and Corporates
- Up-to-date knowledge of investment products
- Solid analytical skills, research skills, and market understanding
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- An opportunity to solve hard problems and provide flexible solutions
- Competitive benefits package and commission on funds sourced
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a blended (remote & in-office) working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Call with People team
- Technical interview
- Interview with the MD