Mobile Developer Interview Questions
Mobile Developers are IT professionals specialized in using their programming knowledge to build mobile applications, as well as to build mobile versions of websites.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Mobile Developer or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Mobile Developer position,
these Mobile Developer interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Mobile Developer Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Mobile Developer interview questions.
- Describe your most challenging mobile programming project. How did you complete it?
- Tell us about a time when you improved the efficiency or quality of a program. How did you do it?
- How would you describe the process of developing a mobile app?
- Can you show me some examples of your previous work?
- What is the most essential programming language for your job?
- Tell us about a time you worked on a program with a group. How did you handle conflicts or disagreements?
- How do you stay abreast of developments in the technology industry?
- Do you have experience in building the features I’m looking for?
- Are you comfortable working with a team of developers to create mobile applications?
- What are some of the most important skills for a successful mobile developer?
- How do you prioritize your work to ensure you meet deadlines and deliver high-quality products?
- What is your experience with developing in-house applications?
- How should one properly design push notifications and are they important?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to adapt your approach to coding based on new requirements.
- If you had to choose one programming language to work with for the rest of your career, which would it be and why?
- What would you do if you found a bug in your code after the application had already been released to the public?
- How well do you communicate with non-technical team members such as product managers and designers?
- Do you have experience with user interface design?
- What are some specific advantages and disadvantages of both Android and iOS?
- When testing your own code, what is your process for identifying and addressing bugs?
- Describe your process for learning new programming languages or frameworks.
- Which mobile operating systems do you have the most experience working with?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge facing mobile developers today?
- How can you help me make money off my app?
- How often do you update your knowledge of programming languages and best practices?
- There is a bug in your code that is causing an application to crash. What is your process for identifying and fixing the problem?
- What is your experience with developing native mobile applications?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to make a quick decision while developing an app.
- If we hired you as a mobile app developer, what would be your ideal work environment?
- What would you do if you were working on an app and you encountered a problem that you couldn’t solve?
- How well do you understand the programming languages used to create mobile apps?
- Do you have experience working with remote teams?
- When do you typically start designing an app?
- We want our mobile app developers to be creative. How do you come up with new ideas for apps?
- Describe your process for testing an app after you’ve finished developing it.
- What makes you stand out from other mobile app developers?
- Which mobile operating systems do you prefer to work with?
- How can you store data in Android and iOS? Which databases and native solutions are available?
- What are internationalization and localization? Do these terms mean the same thing?
- What is the best way for a server to notify an app that some new data is available?
- How can you debug your app when it’s already released?
- How can sensitive data like contacts or access to the camera (or other sensors) be secured in the world of mobile apps?
- What is the difference between native apps and hybrid apps? What are the advantages and disadvantages of hybrid apps?
- What are the main things you have to be cautious about when writing for mobile?
- Describe the process of publishing apps on Google Play and in Apple’s App Store. What do you need to publish an app to each store?
- How can you deal with the plethora of different screen resolutions and screen sizes out there? What unit has been introduced to simplify positioning and sizing elements? How do you deal with images?
- What is app sandboxing and what is it for?
- Which Information Do You Need Before You Begin Coding An Android App For A Client?
- Which Framework Is Used To Construct Application's User Interface For iOS?
- Where can you test Android or Apple iPhone Apps if you don't have the device?
Mobile Developer Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Mobile Developer interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?