Operations Manager Interview Questions
Operations Manager is an administrative professional responsible for the daily operations of organization in order to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Operations Manager or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Operations Manager position,
these Operations Manager interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Operations Manager Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Operations Manager interview questions.
- How do you delegate work to your team?
- How do you evaluate or monitor team performance?
- What strategies do you use to identify and eliminate sources of waste in company workflows?
- Some employees stick to old procedures and resist change. As operations manager, how do you motivate them to adopt new processes?
- Do you have any experience negotiating contracts with outside suppliers?
- Describe your process for evaluating and making changes to current operations procedures.
- Operations managers need to work with large amounts of data daily. Tell me about your go-to data processing and statistical software.
- The hiring team is behind in talent recruitment this season and asks your team to pitch in. As operations manager, you have your own deadlines to meet, so how would you approach this situation?
- Have you ever successfully implemented a cost-cutting strategy?
- What is your Managerial approach towards your team and operations?
- How do you measure the success of your team?
- If you get hired, what would your first task be as a newly appointed operations manager?
- How big was the last team you worked with and what problems did you face?
- What’s your experience in making presentations?
- As operations manager, what is your process for identifying and overcoming bottlenecks in your projects?
- Do you have any experience with public speaking?
- What preparations do you make to ensure that company operations can continue seamlessly if you are unable to come into the office?
- What are some of the challenges of automating company systems that were previously completed manually?
- Operations managers work closely with administrative staff to manage internal communications and track workflows. How do you ensure administrators have the appropriate training and knowledge of operations?
- How have your ideas improved operations at other companies? What impact did they have?
- What is the role of quality control in managing company logistics?
- What is budget planning and how do you handle it step-by-step?
- What is your experience with logistics management?
- We want to improve our customer service ratings. What ideas do you have for ways to do this?
- Are you familiar with warehouse procedures and the amount of space necessary to optimize storage and inventory management?
- How do you uphold compliance with laws or industry regulations when planning operational workflows?
- Describe the main parts of the supply chain as they relate to our organization.
- If you noticed particularly high turnover in a certain department, how would you address this issue and recruit a more dedicated staff during the next round of hiring?
- We want to ensure our confidential data is stored in a secure place. How would you cooperate with our IT team to achieve this?
- If a long-term vendor raised their prices, how would you weigh the pros and cons of switching suppliers or renewing the current contract?
Operations Manager Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Operations Manager interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Why Should We Hire You?