Python Developer Interview Questions
Python Developer is an IT expert specialized in programming and development of a variety of applications (program scripting, big data manipulation, web servers etc.) using the popular programming language, Python.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Python Developer or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Python Developer position,
these Python Developer interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Python Developer Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Python Developer interview questions.
- Which Python frameworks do you have the most experience with?
- What sets Python apart from other high-level scripting languages?
- Tell us about your past projects. Do you have any portfolio to show us?
- What is the first step when testing an application?
- A client wants to introduce additional features after beta testing. How do you proceed?
- What was the most difficult project you have worked on and why?
- Are you familiar with the use of the Python package manager, pip?
- What are the differences between a tuple and a list in Python?
- How would you go about finding the largest value in a list?
- What do you think are the most important qualities for a successful Python developer?
- What is the difference between a set and a list in Python?
- Provide an example of a list comprehension in Python.
- If you had to choose one Python data type, which would it be and why?
- What would you do if you needed to update a list but also wanted to keep the original list intact?
- Do you have any experience with using decorators in Python? If so, provide an example.
- When would you use a generator in Python?
- We want to use Python to scrape data from a website. What tools would you use for this?
- Describe your experience with using Python for machine learning.
- There is a bug in your code. How do you go about fixing it?
- Do arguments in Python get passed by reference or by value?
- Why are functions considered first class objects in Python?
- What tools do you use for linting, debugging and profiling?
- Give an example of filter and reduce over an iterable object
- What are list and dict comprehensions?
- How do you install Python on Windows and set path variable?
- Reverse a String iteratively and recursively using a pseudo-code.
- What do we mean when we say that a certain Lambda expression forms a closure?
- Name a few differences between Python 2.x and 3.x
- What is self in Python?
- How is memory managed in python?
- How do you remove leading whitespaces from a string in the Python?
- Python uses a Global Interpreter Lock. Does that mean it doesn’t use real threads?
- Is it possible to have a producer thread reading from the network and a consumer thread writing to a file, really work in parallel? What about the GIL?
- What is a lambda function?
- A palindromic number reads the same both ways. The largest palindrome made from the product of two 2-digit numbers is 9009 = 91 × 99. Find the largest palindrome made from the product of two 3-digit numbers.
- What are local variables and global variables in Python?
- What are docstrings in Python?
- What is a dictionary in Python?
- Write a program in Python to execute the Bubble sort algorithm.
- Write a program in Python to produce Star triangle.
- Write a program to produce Fibonacci series in Python.
- Write a program in Python to check if a number is prime.
- Write a program in Python to check if a sequence is a Palindrome.
- Write a one-liner that will count the number of capital letters in a file. Your code should work even if the file is too big to fit in memory.
- Write a basic web application in Python that can create, list, edit and delete student records.
Python Developer Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Python Developer interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?