Realtor Interview Questions
Realtors, also known as real estate agents, act as an intermediary between real estate buyers and sellers. They market and sell properties and provide guidance on local real estate markets.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Realtor or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Realtor position,
these Realtor interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Realtor Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Realtor interview questions.
- What has been your favorite selling experience?
- What is your favorite part of working in real estate?
- Why should you be hired as our newest realtor?
- How do you create a client base?
- How do you manage both in- and out-of-office tasks?
- What types of technology do you use to improve your selling and showing process?
- What qualities do you believe make up an effective real estate professional?
- How many homes, on average, do you sell each year?
- How do you use the internet and social media to sell homes?
- How do you stay organized to make sure you make every appointment and are always on time?
- Talk about a time where you had a hard time creating a relationship with a tenant, owner, or investor. How would you have handled that differently?
- What’s the hardest part of keeping your clients focused on home tours?
- What qualities make you a good real estate agent?
- What questions do you ask clients to identify their needs to make sure their needs are met?
- How do you ensure that you close a property deal effectively?
- Describe your most successful property listing. What factors contributed to your success?
- A potential buyer is not satisfied with the properties you have shown them thus far. How do manage their expectations?
- How do you acquire new property listings in an unknown area?
- Describe a time when you made an error on a contract. How did you fix the error?
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- Do you use social media marketing in your business, such as Google Plus, Facebook, and Twitter, to reach other Realtors and potential clients?
- What are the most effective advertising techniques? Explain how you use social media to promote properties.
- What are the most effective ways to advertise real estate properties to prospective buyers?
- What training and experience do you have that qualifies you as a real estate agent?
- What's your process for organizing and prioritizing your appointments to ensure you consistently arrive prepared and on time for client meetings and showings?
- Are there any essential resources you share with your buyers to help inform them during their house-hunting experience?
- Talk about your experience creating virtual or video tours to show a property to remote buyers.
- What's your process for inspecting a property? Are there any questions you prepare for the owner?
- How will you attract new clients to your company?
- Describe how you inspect a property. What are your main points of focus and what do you ask the owner?
- When do you identify a purchase closing as successful?
- What documents are required to close the deal and who signs them?
- Do you use any tools or applications to organize your list of properties?
- How do you manage your appointments?
- If you had to sell a property in a neighborhood you have never been to before, what would you do?
- When you advertise a bargain, how do you ensure competitors won’t reach it?
- A young couple is looking to buy an apartment. What kind of houses would you suggest to them? How would your approach be different from other cases?
- Do you have a network of mortgage lenders and constructors you collaborate with?
- What are your obligations as a Real Estate Agent? Are you familiar with industry best practices?
Realtor Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Realtor interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?