January 2012 Jobs in Nigeria at Osborne Recruitment for a Training officer
Osborne Recruitment provides professional talent sourcing services to employers of all sizes and in all sectors, both in Ireland and Internationally. We are specialists at unearthing the key piece of the jigsaw or reacting with huge urgency. Our objective is to get the message across that the process of recruitment is not built on sending CV’s or placing ads on websites.
It is one of understanding what employers really need and then utilizing all available methodologies – traditional, cost effective, digital and advanced – to put the right selection of candidates in front of the employer for the right job at the right time. Osborne Recruitment offers market intelligence, support and guidance to jobseekers. We respond promptly, do not overpromise, and listen carefully to candidates’ requirements. We cannot promise everyone a job, but we do undertake to deal ethically and professionally with all who make contact with us. We were originally established in 1996 by Lesley Osborne, and we still adhere to the fundamental principles she laid down – willingness to listen, going the extra mile and providing solutions. We now have many specialist divisions and strong domestic and international lines of business, but we like to think that Lesley’s personal touch still underpins all of our activity.
Job Title: Training Officer – Nigeria
- Posted: January 3, 2012
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Functions: Training
- Industries: Mining & Metals
- Job ID: 2345534
- Are you looking for a change of scenery?
Are you looking to work for a world-class, growing, mining company?
Are you looking to partner with a recruitment company that can help you find an excellent job and assist you with your visa processing and relocation?
Osborne Recruitment can help !
We are working with a leadying mining contracting and civil construction company listed on the Australia Securities Exchange (ASX). Operating for more thatn 45 years, the company now employs more than 3,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Africa.
The Client is now recruiting for an experienced Training Officer to join their operations in Nigeria. Within the International open cut mining business unit, they operate a limestone and cement extraction quarry for a local client with particular focus on providing Drill & Blast, Load & Haul, Processing & Materials Handling and Maintenance Support services.
Based in Calabar Nigeria, your duties will be:
- Develop training programmes
- Train and upskill staff on heavy plant and fixed plant machinery
- Facilitate effective learning environments and evaluate the effectiveness of current training programmes
- Conduct training and assessments on mining-specific processes and machinery
- Control the administration of training documentation
- Coach and guide trainess
- Ensure adherence to safety, health and environmental programme goals and objectives.
- Trade background and qualification
- Mining industry experience
- Previous experience and knowledge of open cut mobile mining equipment including Caterpillar, Liebherr and Komatsu.
- Sound experience as a training officer
- Experience training indigenous people an advantage
Terms and conditions of the assignment will include:
- 8 weeks on and 2 weeks off rotation from point of hire
- Tax free assignment allowance
- Accommodation and meals
- Expatriate medical insurance
An attractive remuneration package which acknowledges your experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
All interested candidates should apply with their CV through the link provided for the attention of the Osborne International Recruitment Team for immediate consideration. Please note, due to the high volume of applications we can only contact those who have been shortlisted for interview.