Salem University recruitment, August 2012(http://www.salemuniversity.edu.ng)
Salem University is a unique private University that is committed to raising generational global leaders who will combine intelligence with integrity and vocational competence with Godly character.
In pursuit of Transformational Academic Revolution (TAR), the University uses The Total Leadership Training Concept (TLTC) to equip its graduate to become wealth creators and nation builders.
Location: Lokoja, Kogi State
WHO WE WANT
Enterprising and dedicated staff committed to raising generational global leaders that will combine intelligence with integrity ‘and professional/vocational competence with moral and Godly character.
SALARY: Salem University operates SUASS which is equivalent in value and structure to CONUASS 11 in Federal and some State University System.
Several positions are vacant
(Professors, Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I, Lecturer 11, and Assistant Lecturers)
For Lecturer I and above:
A minimum of PhD with 3-15 years experience, and relevant publications in relevant disciplines.
Assistant Lecturers – Lecturer 11:
A minimum of MSc or MA with 1-3 years experience, and relevant publications in relevant disciplines (for
Vacancies exist in the following Colleges:
1. College of Peace & Social Sciences.
ii. Business Administration
iii. Criminology and Security Studies
v. International Relations & Diplomacy
vi. Peace & Development Studies
2. College of Information & Communication Technology
i. Computer Science
ii. Information Technology
3. College of Natural & Applied Sciences
i. University librarian
As the head of Library, the Librarian is responsible to the VC for the development of the University library system including the main Library, College and Departmental libraries.
Qualification and Experience:
A good Honour degree and a post graduate qualification preferably doctorate in Library Science with at least 15 years post graduate experience, 10 years of which should be in senior management position of the University, or similar institution of higher learning/comparable Establishments. The candidate must be well published in recognized and reputable journals as well as being e-library compliant. This is a post of professorial ranking.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO .
1. Choose any of the above positions that matches your competence; write a letter stating your claims for the position applied for and demonstrating how you work strategically to achieve results, form professional relationships to getting the job done and communicating effectively with colleagues at work and external stakeholders.
2. Address it to the Registrar together with ten (10) copies of your Resume/CV which should include among other things the following vital information:
Name, Place of Birth, Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, LG.A, Religion, Sex, Marital Status, Contact Address, Phone, E-mail, Hobbies Educational Background with Qualifications & Dates, Membership of relevant Professional Bodies, Working Experience, starting with present employment and salary, NYSC/Discharge Certificate
3. Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (One of whom must be your spiritual mentor) requesting them to forward reference reports on you.
Method of Application
All applications should be sent to:
PMB 1060, Lokoja,
Kogi State, Nigeria.
NOTE: Closing date is two weeks from date of publication / 23rd August, 2012.
Edr D. A. ITODO
Registrar and Secretary to Council
Km 16, Lokoja-Alaokuta Rd, PMB 1060, Lokoja, Kogi State