The USAID -supported Malaria Action Programme for States (MAPS), is a 5-year project which is expected to take on USAIDs mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states in Nigeria.
Activities in the MAPS project have commenced in seven States, namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara with its Country office in Abuja.
Malaria Consortium; one of the implementing Partners of the MAPS projects now seeks to employ professionals to work in MAPS and implement project activities in its operational States.
Job Title: Operations Associate
- Candidates must have a degree in Accounting with a minimum of three years working experience in a similar environment preferably an international donor funded project.
- S/he must be competent in the use of any two of these accounting soft-wares; QuickBooks, PS Financials, Peachtree and MYoB.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is required for this position.
- The Operations Associate will be actively responsible for providing operational support for all programme implementing activities.
- Assisting the Malaria Technical Advisor in planning and developing budgets for national level MAPS activities;
- Reviewing financial reports and retirements from the State offices as well as monitor advances and expenditure;
- Providing logistical support for short term consultants; some of which includes; organizing meeting, workshops and travel arrangements;
- Some of these include; planning, budgeting and execution of activities as stated in the work-plan or as agreed with the programme and other stakeholders.
- The Operations Associate will report to the Malaria Technical Advisor and also liaise regularly with the MC country office on Finance duties which covers both the National and state offices and focus on all Admin and Logistics functions in the National office.
- Implementing MC-MAPS financial and operational policies as directed by the MC Country office finance team;
Terms of Employment
The appointment term is for a period of 3years with an initial 6-months probationary period. The project offers highly competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions apply.
Interested applicants should send their application and updated CV to email@example.com. Specify which state they are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in February with the view to engaging all successful candidates immediately.
Application Deadline 24th January, 2013