- ANAN Quality Assurance Inspectors visit audit firms to examine the records of their work and to confirm whether they conform to the International Standards on Quality Control (ISQC 1) and International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Pre-licencing checks of firms that apply for new or renewal of practicing licence.
- They also check whether the firms comply with other criteria put in place by the Association to ensure that the work of its members conform to globally accepted standards.
- They submit the report of their observations and comments to the Association.
Qualification and Experience:
- Applicants must be members of the Association
- Must have at least 5 years of audit experience in an audit firm.
- Experience in peer review will be added advantage.
Position: Assistant Registrar Research and Technical
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for the development of a highly effective and efficient Research and Technical Directorate ensuring response to long term needs of professional accountants.
- Coordinates ANAN responses to requests from organizations such as IFAC, PAFA and ABWA etc with respect to exposure drafts and other technical matters.
- Explores and actively identifies research funding opportunities with local and international development agencies.
- Manages the Research and Technical Directorate, including functional management and capacity building of staff in the department
- Coordinates efforts to provide thought leadership to the accountancy profession in Nigeria.
- Coordinates the Association’s efforts at providing technical support for members.
- Relate with research institute’s efforts at providing technical support for members.
- Relates with research institutes, academics and ANAN members, IFAC, PAFA, ABWA and international development agencies
- Initiates and undertakes research activities on topical, Financial and Economic issues aimed at enhancing the scope and quality of research conducted by the Association.
- Ensures regular publication of high quality technical journals and memoirs.
- Networks with senior researchers and academics as well as with national, regional and international institutions, to ensure continued relevance of research activities and a high profile for ANAN.
- Establishes and actively maintains close links with national policy research institute to promote research relevant to the accounting profession within their structures and frontier research into issues of interest to ANAN and its members
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or HND plus Master Degree, (Ph.D or its equivalent shall be an advantage).
- Professional Qualification.
- 14 years work experience, 10 of which must have been served in a senior position of leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of research in line with corporate strategic objectives.
Method of Application
Applications (including detailed Curriculum Vitae and evidence of previous similar work experience) from suitably qualified candidates should be sent not later than 28th May 2013 to the undersigned:
Sunday A. Ekune, B.Sc, (Hons) M.Sc., MIoD, CNA
Acting Registrar/Chief Executive
Association of National Accountants of Nigeria
250, Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba Lagos.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!