The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Local Guard Coordinator in Regional Security Office.
Job Position: Local Guard Coordinator FSN-07/FP-07
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent is responsible for the first-line management and supervision of the local guard force (LGF) personnel and resources.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in Social Sciences is required.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in the commercial security guard business, civilian or government police, or military.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of physical security and procedures.
- Must be able to access real time threat information and issue orders for the immediate conduct of defensive operations.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Writing in English and Hausa is required.
- A good working knowledge of standard security equipment is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR Ordinarily Resident -N2,957,362p.a.- (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 11th June, 2013