Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State is a product of the educational vision of Archbishop Sam Amaga, the motivator and President of Salem International Christian Center, the global international base of Foundation Faith Worldwide that was established by Sam Amaga Ministries International.
God mandated Archbishop Sam Amaga in 1988 with a vision to raise a generation of people strong in faith, strong in wisdom and doing exploits in life. The vision found expression in the establishment of Salem International Christian Center as the Proprietor of Faith Education Center and Faith International College, a nursery/primary and the secondary schools respectively, in Port-Harcourt since 12 January 1990. Faith International College has graduated several sets with excellent results at the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
With the successful founding and running of educational institutions at the lower levels, Salem International Christian Center, in line with the educational visionary pursuit of its President to raise men and make them mighty, set out to establish Salem University to graduate integrated students, who will be people of integrity, character and strong in wisdom by means of renewing their spirit, mind and body. These aspirations and goals are captured in the vision and mission of the University.
Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State, is recruiting to fill the following positions:
- Professors/Associate Professors
- PhD holders,
- Senior Lecturers
- Lecturer I
- Lecturer II,
For the following Faculties/Departments:
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Public Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminology & Penology
- Information Technology
1.) Principal Academic Registrar
- Senior Assistant Registrar with 3 years experience
- Direct appointment of candidates with good honours degree and 12 years’ experience or Masters degree with 9 years’ experience or Ph.D with 6 years’ experience.
2.) Medical Doctor
- Highly versatile Officers to provide effective services in the University Health Centre (M.M.B.S or MB Must be registered with the Nigeria Medical Council and should have completed NYSC)
3.) Internal Auditor
- Promotion avenue for Auditor I with at least 3 years experience.
- Direct appointment of candidates with BSc or HND In Accounting and 6 year experience.
4.) Laboratory Scientist (Medical)
- A.I.M.L.T. (Associate member of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Scientist) or Diploma, Registrable with the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology with a minimum of 1 year experience
5.) Confidential Secretary II (Male)
- WASC/SSCE/GCE with at least 4 credits including English and RSA or Pitman’s or ND, Government Training Centre Certificate or their equivalent in 100/50 WPM in Shorthand and Typewriting with at least 3 years Stenographic/Secretarial Training including period of formal training plus Computer appreciation/ Word Processing and Computer Operation in -Training Certificate,
6.) Director Of Works
- COREN registered Engineer with relevant post qualification experience.
7.) Civil Engineer
- A good degree in Civil Engineering registered with the Council for Regulations of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN) plus NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
Method Of application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten copies of typewritten copies of their application along with their CVs and credentials giving the following information below:
- Post of which application is submitted
- Date of Birth,
- Marital Status
- Permanent Home address
- Academic publications (Academic)
- Must be computer proficient
- Address of three Referees whose report should reach the university before the closing date
- Email/Phone Number
- Institution attended with dates,
- Professional qualifications attained
- Membership of relevant professional organisations
- Previous employment with dates, and duties performed
- Current salary, indicating level, step and salary per annum
Application should be addressed to:
Km 16, Lokoja – Ajaokuta Road,
Lokoja, Kogi State
Application Deadline 7th November, 2013