Job Title: Telephone Technician
Basic Function of the Position:
incumbent maintains, installs, modifies and or repairs Lagos telephone
(PBX), related telecommunication equipment and support Post’s new Nortel
Telephone System. S/he must be able to assist with HF/VHF, fix base and
mobile radio Installation and maintenance. This position makes
fundamental repairs in order to maintain equipment operations and may be
called upon to provide TDY assistance to Abuja or the region. Incumbent
assumes the responsibilities of telecommunication supervisor when
applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the
application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School education is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a Telecommunication Technician is required.
- Must be knowledgeable with telecommunication test equipment, voltmeter, fox and hound and cable analyzer.
in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook is required.
A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in one Nigeria language is
required. Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in
English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunication voice and data signaling, wiring, wiring distribution and circuits is required.
fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs
hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply
for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually
Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs
Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee
Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90
calendar days of their employment.
Salary: or – Ordinarily Resident–N3,459,393 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$40,262 EFM/MOH – US$34,667 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for
this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
Please reference the job title and announcement number on the
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees
earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the
position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail)
submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit
attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click read full job description
Application Deadline 27th October, 2014