Position: Routine Immunisation Adviser (1)
Locations: Kano State
The Routine Immunisation Adviser will provide overall technical
leadership for activities that focus on strengthening child health
services, ward level primary health care, and routine immunisation
services in Northern Nigeria. The Immunisation Adviser will bring
expertise in the continuum of child health, including paediatric care
and routine immunisation. This is a full time position to be based at
the Head Office in Kano. The role will report to the Deputy Team Leader,
- Master’s in Public Health, health management or medical degree.
- Minimum 7 years experience improving child health service delivery in Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Understanding of ‘change management’ at service delivery level,
including the sensitisation of service staff to client satisfaction and
community engagement inputs
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials, clinical health workers, and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and
maintain effective working relationships with staff and partner
- Experience working with DFID funded programs is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
- Knowledge of child health, primary health care, immunisation services, and health systems strengthening.
- Understanding of the social, structural, and geographic barriers to child immunisation.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and
coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners.
- Demonstrated experience applying routine monitoring information and
human resources management to the improvement (quality, scale) of health
How to Apply:
Applicant should apply via the GRM website www.grminternational.com/jobs . The closing date for applications is Tuesday, March 3rd 2015. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for these positions.