Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of
the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees,
which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and
our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own
potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for
ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global
pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that
diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria
and beyond with our oil products.
The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and
adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining
lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Marine Terminal Officer/Pilot
Auto req ID: 14416BR
Location: Bonny, Rivers – Nigeria
- Provide experienced pilotage, berthing and loading master
services to SPDC and SNEPCo for the marine operations of the Bonny and
Forcados terminals and SeaEagle and Bonga FPSO.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective crude oil export
operations, including management of line boats and crew boats, SPM
operations and crude oil loading operations in compliance with Group
and International Standards and Guidelines.
- Manage weekly and monthly routine maintenance of the SPM(Single Point Mooring Buoy) and monitor SPM integrity.
- Skill to lead, prepare and apply HSSE Risk Management.
- Understand, execute and improve Upstream maritime operations and marine assurance processes.
- Ability to investigate and learn from Marine HSSE incidents.
- Manage maritime emergency response.
- Ensure safe, efficient and cost effective terminal and FPSO
marine operations, crude storage, loading operations including infield
tugboat and crew boat services, mooring operations, cargo
documentation, proper planning of inward and outward clearing of
- Assist with management of all maritime risks of the terminals
and FPSOs, including crude storage and handling, ballasting and hull
stresses, tank cleaning and hull integrity checks, safe FPSO mooring.
- Ensure safe execution of all in field marine operations within
the 500 meter exclusion zone. Maintain SAR(Search and Rescue) and
- First Class Deck Certificate of Competency (Master Mariner) or equivalent.
- Oil Tanker or LNG tanker experience of at least 7 years and
experience in tanker management in a senior role. Passed on site pilot
training program with excellent result.
- Sound marine professional with good understanding tanker handling.
- Sound knowledge of tanker loading operations, Q+Q measurements
and cargo documentation. Experience of establishing port operating
procedures and working closely with government authorities.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Passed SPM simulator training with excellent results.
- Experienced in working with tugs and SPM maintenance with
A-frame. Passed oil spill response training. Qualified and experienced
pilot in West African offshore waters and terminals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 13th May, 2015.