Job Title: Body Guard
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment
for the conduct of foreign policy. The job holder is responsible for
protecting Chief of Mission (COM) personnel and official visitors from
physical harm and embarrassment. She/he performs defensive driving
responsibilities in fully armored vehicles (FAVs) and non-armored
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion in the application letter or the application
will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of providing close protection service or protective driving services is required
- Must possess defensive driving skills; operate fully armored and
non-armored vehicles and must be familiar with Special Protective
Equipment (SPE) and maintain situational awareness and conduct
counter-surveillance to enhance post’s off-compound security posture.
- Must possess a valid Nigeria driver’s license.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in
English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in one
of Nigeria’s Local Language is required. Language proficiency will be
- Incumbent must be familiar with the Nigeria driving laws, local
customs, cultural norms, as well as all regulations pertaining to motor
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S.
Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given
preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement
(PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first
90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a
position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinary Resident AEFM – US$36,353 EFM/MOH – US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current
resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies
of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the
position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying
for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not
larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: [email protected]