Ref No: FSN-02/FP-CC
Work Hours: Full-Time; 40 hours/week
- The incumbent performs manual supply duties in the warehouse,
unloads incoming supplies, office and household furniture and equipment.
- The job holder serve as a truck assistant and boat assistant as directed by the warehouse supervisor.
- She/he must maintain cleanliness, organization and safety of the warehouse.
- This position is a 48-hour per week schedule.
- She/he moves supplies to proper storage areas using fork lift trucks, hand trucks and other materials handling equipment.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection
criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the supply/warehouse section is required.
- Incumbent must be able to learn locations of various types of
supply items and to learn to recognize items by sight and from oral
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and heavy lifting using appropriate safety equipment.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Knowledge of warehouse storage and property handling practices is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N2, 091, 206.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-02
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – AEFM, EFM/MOH – US$20, 217 p.a. (Starting Salary) Position Grade: FP-CC.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards,
copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements
of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one
entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and
Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 6th October, 2015.