The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and
qualified candidate for the position in the Facilities Maintenance
Job Title: Refrigeration / Air-Conditioning Mechanic, FSN-4/FP-AA*
Work Hours: Full-time; 48 hours/week
- The incumbent is assigned to the Facility Maintenance Section
Refrigeration / Air- Conditioning Shop. S/he is responsible to the
Maintenance Foreman for all assigned duties as an Air Conditioning
Mechanic in the trade.
- The program is to install, diagnose faulty equipment/systems,
and make repairs on large systems that provide for a variety of air
conditioning functions such as cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying,
cleaning, filtering, circulation and repair of appliances.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary / Technical school is required.
Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as
producing journeyman in refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic
skill is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year journeyman mechanic experience is required.
- Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Full journeyman mechanic knowledge in air-conditioning and refrigeration is required.
- Must be able to use all types of air-conditioning and refrigeration tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N 3,599,599.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-4
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM-US$24,763.00, EFM-U$24,763.00, Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-AA*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 13th November, 2015