FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Knowledge Services Specialist
Job ID: 16309
Job Function: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
Job Summary / Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Specialist will work to deliver a sustainable
and progressive strategy to educate project team members, decision
makers, inform donors, provide partners with relevant and up-to-date
information and inform the global health community and general public
about the project’s contribution to the Nigeria Malaria Elimination
efforts. Specific objectives, which will meet USAID requirements and
- Develop and lead a strategy, collaboration with partners and
malaria stake holders in Nigeria, to broaden and achieve a comprehensive
knowledge base which will heighten the exposure of malaria elimination
- Establish website and review, develop and regularly update the data.
- Develop and intranet system for project partners , to encourage
discussions, sharing of experiences and if possible social media
- Develop a database of all stakeholders and partners working on
malaria elimination in Nigeria ensuring quality, accuracy and its
capability to inform and educate the project team, partners and
NMEP/decision makers about gaps to achieving the malaria elimination
- Develop a circulation database for the dissemination of all
communication/documentation relating to the project and malaria
elimination efforts internally and externally;
- Engage under the direction of the Chief of Party identified key
partners and stakeholders to establish potential areas of collaboration;
- Actively seek opportunities for media coverage and publication of project activities and finding
- Capture for dissemination project outcomes, methods, strategies,
guidelines, progress, lessons learned and best practices via the most
- Ongoing monitoring and revision of best practices in concurrence with changes as the project strategies evolve and move forward.
- Ensure best practices are achieved in existing avenues of
knowledge dissemination and the exploration of new and innovative
- Ensure periodic high quality success stories are shared with the donor, partners and the global malaria community;
- Develop an international Calendar of Events which will exploit opportunities for knowledge dissemination;
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Economics,
Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science,
International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Certification in knowledge management preferred.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of knowledge management tools and systems experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply