Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, Strategic Information (Full Performance), FSN-11
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Director Public
Health will provide leadership and strategic direction to guide the
implementation of Strategic Information (SI) activities in the Nigerian
Ministry of Defense (NMOD)/DOD Walter Reed Program Nigeria.
- S/he will develop and implement strategies and systems that:
ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of all programs and related
activities; use appropriate technologies to integrate data collection,
processing and reporting, in a manner that enhances the use of the
information for improving patient and program outcomes; and that provide
support for surveillance and research related activities in the
- The job holder will apply both theoretical and practical
knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, health management information
systems, evaluation strategies, and research methodologies.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics,
Computer Science, Health Management, Sociology or Demography is
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design,
management and implementation and the will to exercise considerable
ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different
settings is required.
- Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets,
databases and strong skills with interpretation of program monitoring
and evaluation of data are required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in design and
implementation of program monitoring and evaluation activities, managing
health data and information systems, evaluation of program activities,
and research, of which at least three (3) years of supervisory
experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of strategic information
activities as relates to PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDs programs, program
monitoring and evaluation strategies and techniques as well as standard
knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STD or TB prevention activities is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference.
- Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary
rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or – Ordinarily Resident–N10,948,692.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$62,796 EFM/MOH – US$54,069 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-04*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word
formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have
the required work and residency permits to be eligible for
consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in
country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of
mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2015