Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Jahun Hospital, Jigawa State (Nigeria).
Contract: Unlimited contract
208 working hours per month. Roster flexibility required.
- Provide quality medical care for emergency obstetric and
neonatal cases in the maternity and VVF cases in the wards in accordance
to MSF protocols;
- Provide consultations for post-natal patients and MSF staff as required;
- Observe and respect the MSF Charter and adhere to work schedule as per roster and on-call requirements;
- Treat the patient with respect, providing good quality care and ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist the midwives to triage and manage patients presenting with high risk conditions related to pregnancy;
- Be involved in surgical procedures and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF protocols
Required Skills and Conditions
- Nigerian Medical Degrees with minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation;
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work as a team and in emergency program;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- NYSC Certificate.
- Interest and/or experience in obstetrics;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and patient care;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, copies of
nursing qualifications and a cover letter with contact details
submitted in person to:
The MSF Admin’
Office in Jahun,
Old GRA Maiduguri (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Email to: [email protected]
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind,
nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment
Application Deadline 13th December, 2015.