FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently
seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Accountant
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS)
project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS
services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in
Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The
SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International
Job Title: Accountant
Under the direction of the Senior Finance
Manager, the Accountant State Programs shall assume responsibility for
accounting in the Country Office and ensure compliance with the
contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
the Senior Finance Manager to ensure the accurate keeping of all books
of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and
supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the
Senior Finance Manager to lead the preparation of monthly and annual
financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account
activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
the Senior Finance Manager and the Senior State Finance & Admin
Officers in monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved
work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
with the Senior Finance Manager to provide support with the accounting
workflow in the review and audit of Country Office and sub recipient
reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances,retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of FHI 360.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into FHI 360’s accounting software program.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in preparing reports for submission to donors.
- Review work of state finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its
recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its
recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting relating to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive
compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to
visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360
is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with
respect to policies, programs, or activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply