FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Mitigation
Job ID: 16501
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services
(SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality
HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private
sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of strategies for the design and
implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes
orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care; PHDP and
other care and support activities at the community and facility levels.
- Development and implementation of interventions focusing on
nutrition, food security, education and skills development;
psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic
strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- Provide technical support to build the capacity of local
implementing agencies and state counterparts to carry out orphans and
vulnerable children and other mitigation activities and create effective
linkages with facility based services
- Provide technical guidance and provide input regarding HIV/AIDS mitigation programs
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and
projects related to mitigation of HIV/AIDS and apply these lessons to
modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Collaborate with the FANTA/Nigeria Project Manager in preparing a
work plan, budget, and operational implementation plan for NACS
- Work with the FANTA/Nigeria Project Manager to fulfill USAID and
PEPFAR reporting requirements in collaboration with FANTA headquarters,
including PEPFAR semi-annual and annual progress reports, expenditure
analysis reporting, and FANTA monthly and annual reports.
- Serve as an alternate representative of FANTA/Nigeria in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with FANTA Project Manager, Nigeria in drafting
technical materials including guidelines, SOP training manuals, reports,
concept notes, and other materials as needed and review and refine
materials produced by consultants.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledgeable about health and development programs in
developing countries, including its comprehensive impact upon those
infected and affected by the disease.
- Has knowledge about and experience working with health and community services within the geographical area.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools for service providers
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 30% time.
- Has experience planning, coordinating, and/or facilitating training and meetings
- Has experience working with PLHIV and support groups of PLHIV
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years public health
experience at the state or community level or in the private health
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years public
health experience at the state or community level or in the private
- Or BS/BA in nutrition, microbiology, health sciences, public
health or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years public health experience
at the state or community level or in the private health sector.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply