Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international
humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to
populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race,
religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Abuja.
Job Title: PURCHASER
- Carry out purchases of a supply office analyzing market
sources, and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in
order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods, while
guaranteeing best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
- Carries out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of
purchase documents issued by the line manager and manages the
administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Constantly assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, negotiates prices.
- Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to
purchases: complete purchase orders, check delivery notes (against
- Manages the advances issued by the Finance Department.
- Assists in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply assistant.
- Update information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- At the request of the line manager, obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy
- Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all
purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information
written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updates the supplier-item-price data on the supply office
Informs the Supply log/supply supervisor and LogCo/project log
of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price,
address, items available….
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Essential, Tertiary education; commerce related studies desirable.
- Experience: At least two years in supply chain related jobs.
- Languages: Essential, local language; English language
- Stress Management.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details by email to:
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 18th February 2016.
Selected candidates only will be called for a Test and interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other
types of favoritisms will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF
reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted
from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued
through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 18th February, 2016
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!