FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering
financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been
turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start,
grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income,
nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Owerri, Imo
- FINCA is recruiting an experienced, motivated and hands-on
Senior Internal Auditor whose responsibility is to perform and supervise
the specific audit procedures that includes setting standards,
observing practices and assisting with analyzing communication of
- The Senior Internal Auditor provides supervision and support for
monitoring, review and capacity building processes in accordance with
FINCA International Internal Audit Directives, Local Internal Audit
Standard Operating Procedures and directives as stipulated by the
Affiliates management and Country director of the Affiliate for specific
- He reports to the Affiliate Internal Audit Manager while
operationally and functionally supervised by the Affiliate Corporate
Audit Manager (ACAM) for managing the audit processes.
Internal Audit Program Management:
- Supervise Internal Audit and Trainees
- Supervise and carry out affiliate internal audit work plans.
- Supervise and ensure the referral of matters and issues which
arise from observation are followed up according to the Internal Audit
Protocols on a timely basis.
- For each audit performed the internal audit senior will agree or
ensure that agreement has been reached with managers or other audited
parties the standards that will be used.
- Contribute to and supervise the draft reports and summarize issues that are prepared by audit managers.
- Assist and supervise internal audit trainees when appropriate
- Supervise implementation of monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance.
- Supervise internal audit practices in accordance with policy of Affiliate Internal Audit Committee.
- As directed, participate in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the FINCA International review guidelines.
- Anti-Fraud: Collect, document and submit observations concerning
fraud to the Affiliate Corporate Audit Manager (ACAM). Supervise
- Risk Management: Will conduct and supervise procedures as part of risk management audits as required.
- Internal Audit Schedule: Accomplish and supervise the duties
delegated to the Internal Auditors in accordance with the schedule
prepared by Corporate Audit Manager. Will coordinate with the audit
manager to ensure schedule is met.
- Internal Audit F/I: Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Train and Coach. Participate in and supervise Internal Audit
Training and Evaluation program as directed and in accordance with F/I
and local directives.
- As directed, follow up to evaluate the extent to which management implements Internal Audit Recommendations
- Internal Audit Program Administration
- Internal Audit Budget and Financial Administration: Internal
Audit Senior will provide details and reports of expenses and supervise
their administration in accordance with FINCA International directives.
- Internal Audit Human Resource Administration: Internal Audit
Senior will adhere to FINCA International directives and local
procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources. The
Internal Audit Senior will supervise training of internal auditors and
F/I Policy Assurance:
- Perform and supervise audits that test for compliance with all F/I policies and procedures including FOS policies
- Supervise performance of procedures that promulgate the Internal
Audit Process framework as delegated by the ACAM. Will use specific
checklists, tools and aids to audit.
- Follow-up on and report on external audit recommendations.
- Various tasks as assigned by Affiliate Internal Audit Manager, the Regional Internal Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
- Supervise, monitor practice and test controls. Supervise monitoring of compliance with all new policies and procedures at F/ I.
- Follow up to ensure all findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Affiliate Audit Committee as required.
- Ensure that customer service standards are being met which
enables FINCA to better understand the customer’s experience in order to
improve the products and services offered or make other operational
improvements that may be deemed necessary.
- Conduct reviews on measureable customer service standards.
- The assessment reports shall include matters requiring
attention, corrective action, or suggestions to streamline service
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (B.Sc.) preferably in Finance and Accounting.
- ACA/ACCA /CPA qualification.
- CIA/CISA (will be an added advantage)
- Must have computer proficiency in MS Office (word, excel and power point)
- 1-3 years (internal/external audit) experience in a financial institution, micro finance or banking preferred.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires
the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own
actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive
or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Fluency in English required, Igbo or other local language skills strongly desirable.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country 60%
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and
is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular,
must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2016.