Job Title: Warehouse Team Lead, FSN-03/FP-BB
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbents ensure that the work assigned to their team is performed in a satisfactory manner.
- They serve as the day to day supervisors for their team of warehousemen.
- Additionally, they perform manual supply duties in the warehouse and at the all other USG properties.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed
below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each
criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Must have good working knowledge of Department of State and associated agency procedures which apply to warehousing.
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and make heavy lifts using appropriate safety equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior warehousing experience is required.
- Level III (Good Working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and
U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the
candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services
Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within
the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired
into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary
Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent
Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member
Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or Ordinarily Resident (Or) – N3,213,591.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-03
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$22,058 Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-BB.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail
not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats,
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S.
Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered,
but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority
does have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2016.