improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently
seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS)
project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS
services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in
Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The
SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Provide technical and management leadership in HIV prevention, care
and treatment, TB and Integrated Medical Services and develop technical
strategies and oversee their design and implementation for FHI 360
Nigeria programs ensuring the appropriate application of theory and best
practice to the design and implementation of public health
- Oversee the development of strategies for the design and
implementation of FHI 360 Nigeria public health interventions including
HIV/AIDS interventions, linked with care and treatment activities.
Others include TB, RH/FP, Malaria, Cervical cancer screening etc
- Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOP’s are
developed and implemented in accordance to FHI 360, USAID, OCAG and
- Assist with the management, development and monitoring of work plans
and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for
- Provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of
protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Contribute to resource development efforts that will support achievement of project objectives.
- Ensure that results from research and published best practices are
incorporated into FHI 360 Nigeria’s interventions and contribute
significantly to this literature.
- Liaise with WHO/UNAIDS and other relevant agencies to share information and avoid duplication in the implementation of programs.
- Provide technical guidance for in-country staff and provide input regarding HIV/AIDS and other programs.
- Represent department and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Remain informed on current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and other
relevant fields by review of current literature and is alert to any
implication of such research for department activities.
- Ensure that high quality and state of the art HIV prevention, care
and treatment and other interventions are implemented in a timely manner
and in coordination and collaboration with GHAIN partners, other USG
partners (e.g. CDC, UMD, and Harvard) and the GON.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with ten years professional public
health experience including at least five years specialized experience
in HIV/AIDS care in developing country settings plus at least four years
management experience. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills
and abilities listed above.
- Possession of an MPH is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It
neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to
carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any
way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right
to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby
we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person
employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age,
marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any
other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.