Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact,
which is an independent International non-profit Organization
headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world
those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their
own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to
enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized
to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits
that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local
capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets
into a force for development.”
We seek application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the below position:
Job Title: lnstitutional Strengthening Officer
- The Institutional Strengthening Officer is responsible for
ensuring the day to day implementation of capacity development
interventions taking place under the design of the program and within
the proposed timeframe.
- The institutional Strengthening Officer will assess the needs of
identified partners, including government and non governmental
partners, and implement capacity development interventions accordingly.
- The Officer will work collaboratively to ensure that capacity
development is holistic, meeting the individual needs, as assessed of
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination of the activities of the technical
team; institutional strengthening and health system strengthening to
ensure integration of both and with MG objective.
- Documentation: lead the collation of monthly report, specific
activity reports and track document progress of technical team’s
- Actively solicit, caption and electronically file project photographs
- Match project implementation with the work plan every week and flag areas of action.
- Working with the Institutional Strengthening Advisor lead in the
compiling and editing quarterly, semiannual and annual reports for
timely review by the Directors and submission to Pact.
- Participate in Program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans.
- Facilitate organizational capacity assessments and develop institutional strengthening plans.
- Support the Organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops and networking events by IS and HSS teams.
- BA in Public Health, Development, Public Administration or another related field.
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget; experience in
developing strategic plans, work plans, fundraising plans; knowledge of
sound financial, human resources, and administrative policy and
- Experience in facilitation and training.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in capacity development of CSO’s and/or government.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV’s and Cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
All CV’s/Resume/Applications must be in either word format or PDF.
Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the subject of the
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Pact Nigeria encourages applications from all qualified candidates, in particular women.
Application Deadline 28th April, 2015.