IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development
of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality
and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate
wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in
1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the
following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and
maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research
partnership for a food secure future.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Station in Abuja:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-015 (Readvertisment)
Recruitment type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Meet with Project Manager on a regular basis to provide project updates and share relevant information;
- Visit implementing partners and conduct missions to fields as necessary in consultation with Pilot Manager;
- Facilitate collection and samples of data by the technical team;
- Assist and make appointments with project stakeholders,
including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance when
- Follow up with the implementing partners for progress report,
submission of reports and recent data on target group and other
- Review data and information generated by the Project’s
implementing partner and prepare information materials for briefing and
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the Project Office;
- Assist with special projects and reports as needed;
- Establish and maintain the project’s information management system;
- Provide logistical support for all project training, seminars and workshops;
- Provide assistance to participating organizations and facilitate market linkages;
- Prepare tracking documents for meetings, and update tracking tools regularly;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Qualification BS.c. in Project Management, Agricultural
Economics, Development Studies / Management or related field with
minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience.
Ideal candidate must:
- Have experience on project coordination with stakeholder engagement.
- Have experience of community or rural development approach.
- Have organizational, planning and budget management experience.
- Have ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment.
- Have excellent project management, interpersonal and team building skills
- Have experience in market sector, Agribusiness, Civil Society Organization to maximize participation in publicity of the pilot.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and
excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their Covering letter which should
address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the
specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and
addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the
Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s
direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women.
Application Deadline 18th April, 2016.