International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an
international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D)
organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees,
member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the
development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally
recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally
recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks application from suitable qualified Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Job Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2016-022
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in supervising all field research activities, field layout,
fertilizer application, planting, data collection and harvesting;
- Assist in data collection and monitor casual labors;
- Assist in special project including HarvestPlus-Maize Project;
- Assist scientists to maintain strict control of budget expenditure and casual employment;
- Assist in supervising seed preparation of breeding nurseries and
trial including planting, hand pollination and data collection in and
- Assist in supervising appropriate harvesting, processing storage and
retrieval of samples from trials and nurseries planted at the different
locations in and outside Ibadan for laboratory analyses;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Agriculture with minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in breeding or similar role.
- Ideal candidate bust be organized and be able to pay attention to details
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Must have good time management skills.
- Dependable, takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with
detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word
format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of
three professional referees which must include either the Head of
applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct
Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration