Job Title: Real Property Assistant, FSN-07/FP-07*
Location: Abuja, General Services Office (GSO).
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Incumbent prepares and types reports for repairs on vacant or new housing units.
- S/he liaises with the Realty Specialist on repairs and installation of furniture and appliance in USG residencies.
- The incumbent will conduct final inspection on new or vacant
housing units for occupation by USG personnel and serves as back-up to
the Realty Specialist.
- Reports to the Realty Specialist on most matters, but receives
additional supervision from the General Service Office (GSO) for
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed
below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so
may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University degree in Estate Management, Property Management or Real Estate is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience of Real Property
Management and with at least one (1) year experience in Administrative
Management is required.
- Knowledge of Nigeria Real Estate Laws, Property values, building
codes and Government agencies responsible for documentation is
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is
required. Level III (Good working knowledge) one Nigeria major Language
(Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa) Language Proficiency will be tested.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories
are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe
their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a
determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S.
Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of
the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active
Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not
received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy
announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in
the application process.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not
eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating
of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee
Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA)
or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they
have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at
least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be
considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N4,766,721 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-7
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM -US$41,206 EFM/MOH – US$35,364, (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-07*
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum
requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title
and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Click here to download the Position Descriptions (PDF)
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required
work and residency permits to be eligible for
Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be
residing in country to be considered, but the
sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority
does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered
Application Deadline 9th June, 2016.