Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact
for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives
and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for
suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to
all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
2016, the USAID-funded Family Health Plus (FH+) project will convene an
Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop for five state-level Family Planning
Advocacy Working Groups (FPAWG) in Abuja, Nigeria. During the workshop,
each State FPAWG will work toward developing state-specific advocacy
strategy. Formalized advocacy strategy documents for each state will
serve to guide FPAWG activities for a two-year period.
Job Title: Consultant, Advocacy Strategy Document Development
Objective, Duties and Responsibilities
is seeking a Consultant to support the development of five (5) advocacy
strategy documents?featuring outcomes for each state FPAWG?based on the
proceedings of the August 2016 Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop.
During the workshop, each state will identify current challenges to FP
access and uptake, as well as identify opportunities and strategies to
engage state policymakers and drive action for increased investment in
FP. The consultant will serve as one of the workshop facilitators,
providing hands-on support during the group work and gathering the
outcome for inclusion in the strategy documents. The consultant?s main
duty will be to create each state?s advocacy strategy document following
the workshop, which should feature the specific FP advocacy objectives
in each state and the key, costed advocacy activities that will help
Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for the following scope of work:
- Develop a template for the strategy document and implementation plan;
the FH+ project team in preparing for Advocacy Capacity Building
Workshop as needed, to include learning AFP SMART Approach;
as co-facilitator at Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop along with FH+
project staff. Support the FPAWG representatives in the workshop to
complete the requirements of the technical group sessions, to be
included in the advocacy strategy documents;
- Supervise the workshop rapporteur to ensure detailed documentations of workshop proceedings and submission of workshop report.
- Develop a 1-2 page background and situation analysis for FP in each of the states for inclusion in the strategy documents;
- Develop the final advocacy strategy document for each of the 5 states, to include costed activities
Schedule of Deliverables and Invoicing
#Report/Deliverables Due date
of Advocacy Capacity Building WorkshopTBD
2 Five (5) final state-level
advocacy strategy documents, built on draft advocacy strategy templates,
featuring the following:
- Group work proceedings and outcomes from the Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop;
- Background/FP situation analysis; and
- Costed implementation plan (costed activities).
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree in Public Health, or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience with family planning, reproductive health, and/or population projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the family planning landscape in Nigeria.
familiarity and experience working with FP stakeholders, including
decision-makers at federal, state/FCT, and LGA levels, and FP advocacy
- Mastery of written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: No later than September 9, 2016